Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Treat or Trick...I'm so confused


Halloween. My favorite time of year. I don't just celebrate it on the actual day but all month long. As far back as my son when he was a little boy around 2 or 3 we lived in a small town in Maine. I like to recycle and finding the oldest white sheet I ripped it into long strips and wrapped Tysen up in it. Then we went out with him shouting Trick or Treat at the top of his lungs. There is something so magical about seeing what you are so used to seeing day by day seeing it all again  through the eyes of a child.

I took out both my kids from teeny tiny to around 12 or so every year coming up with a homemade costume because that's what Halloween to me at least all about. Not too mention lots of candies. Extra scary decorations were a bonus.Now I have a baby Grandson that I can watch grow up even if it's on Skype. I'm sorry, but the thought still makes me sad, but  I take comfort that I'm not in this alone.

The reason for my thoughts on Halloween today is I read an article about Anna Rexia and I'm not too sure what to think about the controversary behind it. I mean I truly care about this bothering someone who has a real problem with eating disorders but then I think about costumes where you stuff your clothes making yourself look fat. Or an accident victim. Or stuffed boobs (sorry guys...or not ~wink~) I suppose there is a cut-off line for what to wear as a costume to not offend or just bad timing?

Share this and let me know what you think so I can get this out of my head because I just had a thought seeing in my inner mind a heavier person wearing an "Anna Rexia" costume. (Inner child be quiet would ya).


No comments: